It’s February….when did THAT happen? As much as I’d love to whisk my daughter off to somewhere warm and tropical with clear blue water during February vacation we’ll be here in Boston. With the snow. Sigh. As a working Mom, I’ll be working through my daughter’s school break, which means she’ll be at camp making 9 million rainbow loom bracelets. Its hard juggling working full-time and spending quality time with my daughter, that’s why our weekends are usually jam packed with full itineraries and adventures. This can often be difficult because so many activities (especially during the colder months) are expensive! And I’m a single mom trying to budget, which means we have to limit how many fun activities we can do per month.
I’m always on the hunt for affordable and most importantly FUN local activities where my daughter can really enjoy herself. This February vacation, the Seaport Boston Hotel is providing that kind of experience – fun and affordability – all close to home! Did I mention the hotel is pet friendly? I encourage my local families to consider a stay-cation at this lovely hotel during the school break! Located on the historic waterfront at One Seaport Lane in Boston, there is local access to ice skating on the Frog Pond, the Children’s Museum, Science Museum and historic Fenway Park and more!
The Seaport is making February vacation (February 17th – 23rd, 2014) at their hotel the PLACE to be for families with their School Vacation Getaway Package, for 2 adults and 2 children. For a special rate of $159/night (plus taxes & fees) your family can relax in a deluxe room along with several family-friendly options to make your stay memorable:
- A $30 Seaport Gift Card at check-in (for incidentals, not the room rate)
- A welcome toy for each child from Seaport’s Treasure Chest
- Complimentary use of Wave Health & Fitness, including the indoor pool
- Free family flicks daily with complimentary popcorn (two shows: 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm)
- In-room use of a DVD player and a family movie
- Access to Seaport’s Lending Library – offering books for kids of all ages to borrow during their stay
- Complimentary wireless internet access
My daughter would be all up in that pool! And that’s not all. Guests taking advantage of the School Vacation Getaway Package can take advantage of several food and beverage options at each of the hotel’s dining spots:
- Seaport’s Bakery Café: a breakfast package for $12, a lunch special for $8 and cookie decorating for $5
- Aura restaurant: a breakfast buffet for kids for $8 (kids under 5 are free)
- TAMO bar & lounge: a family lunch/dinner special for $30, which includes a cheese pizza for four and four non-alcoholic drinks of your choice
You and your family get full access to all of the above for just $159/night! That’s a steal in Boston and provides you the chance to “get away” and enjoy fun activities in the heart of Boston! You won’t want to miss out on this amazing deal, so be sure to book your stay today online at seaportboston.com by entering SOCIAL in the promotional code box, or by calling 877-SEAPORT.
Does your family stay local during February vacation or do you go away?