This is a sponsored post with Comcast New England and Xfinity. All opinions, as always are my own.
What happens when you add a few Boston bloggers + Jackie Gadsden, VP of Diversity & Inclusion for Comcast’s Greater Boston Region + Zoom? A socially distant powerhouse hour of fun laughs, and exciting Xfinity product and diversity and inclusion updates.
All the tea below…
If you’ve been a blog reader for a while you know I’m #TeamXfinity and have been a customer for over 10 years! Looking back at when we first joined the Xfinity family to now, it’s amazing how far the company has come in terms of offerings, community engagement, and personalization. Simply put, they are want to cater to their customers and make their experience straightforward while continuing to create innovative services their customers want! And make their lives easier and more connected.
While we couldn’t all gather and giggle in person I had the opportunity to join some of the Xfinity team and fellow Boston bloggers to hear about what’s new! Even in the midst of a social justice movement and global pandemic…Xfinity has many exciting new updates! No surprise as they’ve seen a 50% increase in on-demand consumption since COVID/quarantine started. So, I’m not the only one binge-watching shows post-bedtime?
A few must-know ones are below….
Peacock: the new streaming service from NBCUniversal
What’s your favorite NBC show(s)? Parks & Recreation will FOREVER be one of my favorite shows. RIP Little Sebastion! Seriously, Tom Haverford and Jean Ralphio are one of my favorite duos! Catch up on 15,000+ of your fav NBC shows, movies and get all the juicy trending news and pop culture updates.
While the official launch of Peacock is July 15th, if you’re an Xfinity X1 or Flex customer you could preview the app as of April 15th (where have I been??? Oh yeah, working from home and wrangling a teen and toddler!). Just say “Peacock” with your Xfinity voice remote to get started. You’re welcome!! Peacock Premium ($4.99/mo. value) remains available at no additional cost for Xfinity customers.
If you’re ready to break up with your current phone carrier or looking for a different option, be sure to check out Xfinity Mobile! With 20 million+ WiFi hotspots they offer either $15/m for 1 Gig of data or $45/m for unlimited data. Yup, read that again! What a steal for Xfinity Internet customers! Not like they needed to show off, but Xfinity Mobile soared to #1 on the 2020 ASCI Survey of Wireless Service Providers!
As someone deeply passionate about social justice, diversity, and inclusion and company transparency on these important topics, it’s fantastic to see Comcast also value social justice and equality efforts.
What does this look like?
- 62% of employees are women or people of color (at year-end 2019)
- 100+ diverse networks on Xfinity platforms
- They’ve committed $100 million multiyear plan to fight injustice and inequality against any race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or ability
- Proactively solicit ideas from employees so that they can build their effort together
- Providing grants to the Equal Justice Initiative (Have you read and/or watch Just Mercy? I met Bryan Stevenson several years ago…what an honor!), the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, the National Action Network and the Community Justice Action Fund.
- Promote and amplify multicultural content
- Have you heard of Internet Essentials? They’ve connected 8 million low-income homes to the internet! And new, eligible customers can get Internet Essentials for free for 60 days if they sign up before the end of 2020.
Whew! So much juiciness going on I can’t even! I’m proud to be an Xfinity customer!