This is a sponsored post with Royal Sonesta Boston. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Whether you’re traveling from out of town or you’re local in need of a staycation, the Royal Sonesta Boston has something for everyone.
Overlooking the Charles River, the Royal Sonesta Boston, which is actually located in Cambridge, is one of a handful of premier Boston area hotels to earn the AAA coveted Four Diamond Award. The recently renovated hotel is home to 400 guest rooms and suites in an ideal location for adventure, leisure and/or shopping.
I may be biased, but Boston has one of the bestest skylines I’ve had the opportunity to take in. Be sure to book a room overlooking the Charles River!
Did I mention how ideal the location is? Steps away from the MBTA Lecheme and Science Park stations on the green line and Kendall Square on the red line and minutes from Interstate 93, North Station, TD Garden, Haymarket, Faneuil Hall, and Downtown Boston, I love that you don’t need a car to make the best out of a visit. Which is perfect for us as we’re a car-free family!
Making Family Memories with Sonesta
While many families opted to head out of town during February break (also, why must they have February break?!) we opted in for a Boston staycation at the Sonesta Boston. It was hard to turn down an offer of two nights without having to worry about laundry or making dinner! Don’t threaten me with a good time! It’s been a dark and chilly winter so the thought of views of the Boston skyline from the comfort of a big comfy hotel room sounded like the perfect remedy for the winter blues!
Sonesta Hotels also hold a special place in our hearts! In 2013 we celebrated my daughter’s 8th birthday at the Royal Sonesta Boston and indulged in breakfast in bed (of course) views of the city and shopping!
Then in 2014, we kept the tradition going and flew down to South Carolina to celebrate her 9th birthday at the Royal Sonesta Hilton Head where we were spoiled being steps away from the beach, local shops, and stunning landscapes.
The Royal Sonesta Boston Hotel
As you walk into the lobby, you’re welcomed by beautiful sitting areas, stunning light fixtures and beautiful works of contemporary, minimal and pop art from local artists.
We have a toddler and a teenager and it can often be challenging to find activities we can do together as a family that everyone will enjoy. Pool time is one of them! We spent hours swimming and playing until our hands and toes got wrinkly in the 30′ x 45′ swimming pool surrounded by sliding glass windows. The atrium-style pool is right next to the Fitness Center complete with everything you need to maintain your fitness routine during your stay.
**Insider Tip: There are pet-friendly rooms!
Dining Options at Royal Sonesta Boston
Located onsite at the Royal Sonesta Boston are two delicious dining options sure to satisfy you after a long day of meetings or running around the city. We indulged at ArtBar which is the perfect place for lunch and dinner for families. Expect fresh, seasonal and regional dishes made with love.
**Insider Tip: Be sure to visit ArtBar during the summer and enjoy your favorite meal outside on their patio overlooking the Charles River!
Other dining options at the Royal Sonesta Boston:
- Restaurant dante is a great spot to meet and hang with friends and also offers seasonal patio dining. Serving up Italian cuisine with a twist, they’ve got a decent sized bar and beverage list to please any palette!
- You know what they say, the most important meal of the day is breakfast! Studio, the hotel’s coffee shop is perfect for guests who need to grab something to go and sells pastries, coffee and other easy grab and go options.
- Want to enjoy a meal from the comfort of your hotel room? STUDIO Express has you covered! In 15 minutes you can have a delicious breakfast or lunch delivered to your hotel room without the hassle of time-consuming setup. Made in house, enjoy from your hotel room or pack up your order for a snack or lunch while you’re out exploring!
If you’re looking for a family-friendly Boston hotel, the Royal Sonesta Boston is for you! We continue to visit Sonesta hotels because of the customer service, amenities, and coziness of the hotels!
Sonesta Hotels On My Bucket List
Below are the top five Sonesta hotels we want to visit!
- Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa – St Maarten
- Royal Sonesta New Orleans
- Sonesta Hotel Concepción, Chile
- Sonesta Hotel Arequipa
- Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis – Chesterfield
I wonder which Sonesta hotel we’ll visit next!